We're launching our first collection using a presale model. Presales are a modern alternative to the traditional retail business model that's been used for decades. At Dessous, we've adopted a presale model because it's a great way to reduce waste while also reducing the cost of sustainable clothing.
Traditional retail model
- When ordering garments for upcoming seasons, retailers make educated guesses based on past sales.
- Often, their guesses are off the mark leaving stores with unsold inventory at the end of each season.
- This leads to millions of unsold garments ending up in landfills every year.
- Holding a presale eliminates backstock as much as possible, thereby reducing waste. In this model, each garment sewn has a customer waiting to receive it. That's you!
- This is one way Dessous is able to offer you sustainable loungewear made ethically and responsibly in the U.S. at an affordable price.
What a presale means for you is waiting a bit longer to receive your order. When you place your order, we will give you an estimate as to when you'll receive your garments. If there are any unforeseen delays in production, we will keep you informed every step of the way.
Thank you for helping to reduce the waste caused by a broken fashion industry and leaving less of an impact on the Earth!